4 Jan 2014

Sally Hansen Triple Shine - Review

hi guys! <3

HAPPY NEW YEAR! It is finally 2014, and man oh man did 2013 fly by.

So for today's first post of the year.. Sally Hansen recently came out with this new range called the "Triple Shine"

I first saw these when my friend tagged my on Facebook with this video! AND IT LOOKED AMAZING! like i was so shocked!! it looked like leather and I dunno some really cool plastic shiz.


But unfortunately they weren't out yet for sale in Australia when I saw these advertised :( BUT THEN! I went into my local Priceline and saw them. They were displayed on a case like this, it was kinda hard to reach from the back since most of the "nicer" colours were there. 


This Priceline I went to lacked the colours I wanted to try.. As most of the shades were quite similar to what I had in my collection and the glitter nail polishes were quite similar! They were doing a 3 for 2 sale during the time and it retailed at $9.95, which is quite "standard" for Sally Hansen nail polishes. 

Although, In the end I went to Chemist Warehouse and found these babies for around $4.50 EACH!! EACH!! THATS LIKE 2 FOR THE PRICE OF ONE IN PRICELINE? LOL I got quite excited about these when I found out the prices, although the colour options weren't available since they were so cheap already!

Let's get into the review, shall we? :)


I chose these shades to do a review on since the colours are sooo gorgeous! Look at that variety of colour in just one bottle! SO COOL RIGHT?!

One thing I got "amazed" by besides from the colour was the packaging!
It reminded me a lot of Butter London's packaging which is cool, because in the beginning i was wondering why I couldn't twist the cap and why it was a bit "loose" but after all that struggling lol i found out it was a lid. Pretty cool packaging I must say!
If you could see, but I got the shades Pearly Whites and Make Waves

Here are the brush sizes of the two! These brushes made it sooo much easier to apply the nail polish in like two strokes!

Now into the swatches!




Application: 
- Pearly White: I found that the application was quite thick and the glitter was hard to distribute cos the nail polish was so thick, kinda gloopy 
- Make Waves: The application of this was smooth and it was super glossy! It kind of tripped me out cos it was green/blue and i dunno it was just so trippy! lol

Drying Time:  This formula dries up quickly for the "skin" to form, but the inside is wet. It gives you that weird illusion whether its dry or not because the formula is glossy! 

Formula:  Natural Crushed Pearl, Sea-Kelp Extract & Vinyl Silicone deliver high impact, glossy colour with natural iridescence.

Rating: 

I gave it 4/5 nail polishes! heheh. Just because the colours are great and all, but the polish formula is a bit too gloopy, making it difficult to apply on your nail!


Until next time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment